Powered By Blogger

Monday 8 July 2013

B Logging-the first steps

Kia Ora tatou
Ko Wayne toku ingoa
No Tamaki Makaurau ahau
He Kotimana au
Kei Mayfield Primary School ahau e mahi ana
He Tumuaki ahau

Hi everyone my name is Wayne MacGillivray and I am the Principal of Mayfield Primary School in the heart of South Auckland-Otara. We have produced over the years the Mayor of Auckland, Len Brown and league legends Dean Bell, Ruben Wiki and Manu Vatuvei.

For me blogs have been occasional tools driven by a specific purpose. What I want to achieve by maintaining a blog for this course is seeing the full potential this tool has for our learning community- adults and students alike.

The setup was not difficult, but I will need to work on just how I can optimise the blog. I have become much more conscious of how the interface of the blogs I visit are set up.

We have our league Champ of Champs today and my goal is to find an app that I can use my phone to capture the day on.

See you again in cyberspace soon.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Wayne,

    Wow -- Mayfield Primary has an impressive list of Alumni!

    Welcome aboard and great to see your blog post correctly tagged and aggregated in the EDEM630 feed. Hope you will find creative but meaningful ways to leverage the potential of the technology to support your learning. Will see you online.

    Cheers from your namesake down south.
    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Wayne,

    Congratulations on your blog. It's a learning journey that will challenge, extend and reward you.
    Mayfield School has a rich legacy and I am sure that will continue under your leadership.
    All the best for the journey.
    Kia kaha

    Dubs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wayne,
    I hope the Champ of Champs day went well and you managed to capture some of the magic on your iphone.
    I was intrigued to see that you are at Mayfield School in Otara. The next village down the road from where i live also has a Mayfield School (Mid Canterbury).
    Good luck for the course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ka pai Wayne - so good to see you start with your mihi greeting. There is at least one more principal in our course community so keep a lookout for Brendan please. He is also engaged in learning to lead as a leader of a school. We are also involved in a project researching such leadership strategies in a middle school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wayne - I am just breezing through a number of the blogs and catching up on people on the course. It is the wee hours of the morning so I should just stop but I have found that keeping up with my own stuff has taken so much time and I am wanting to connect through this as well. Great to read your posts and I hope the rest of the paper goes well.

    ReplyDelete